Sunday, June 7, 2009

Clone Trooper Helmet Cake




While I did not make this cake today, I wanted to get a post up with something I have recently created. I made this cake for Aidan's 7th birthday party back in January. He had a Star Wars Clone Wars theme. I saw some photos online that used fondant and were actual storm trooper helmets (Star Wars fans you will understand and appreciate the difference!). I have yet to venture into the fondant world so I piped buttercream icing in tiny little stars to cover the cake (Wow! That took a long time!). I used 6 eight inch round cakes to piece and sculpt together the helmet. I was pleased with how it turned out, and I think it was a pretty good effort for my first 3D cake sculpting experience. More importantly, Aidan loved it and that's what really mattered!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome cake, Sis! I bet Aiden was so happy. Aren't you just the coolest mom.

    ReplyDelete