Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Skirt with Matching Headband for Mckenna




I call it a "twirly" skirt, but my mom called it a "4-H" skirt. That should let you know how easy it is to make. It took only a half yard of fabric with enough left over for the headband. This was SO much fun to make for Mckenna, and the fact that Mckenna would wear skirts and dresses over anything else makes this project a sure winner with her!

This fabric was supposed to go towards a zippered pencil case for her to use for school, but I still have not tackled the whole zipper thing yet, so I placated her with a skirt instead. I like the accent fabric on the bottom but I would do the seam underneath slightly different next time. I think I may have to serge the seam that connects the two fabrics together.

Mckenna and I have two other fabrics pinned and ready to go for more skirts. I want to find some cool corduroy fabric for Fall and Winter. I am also going to try different lengths and variations in fullness. This skirt design is really easy to play around with.

If you have a little girl or young lady in your life that would like a skirt like this, let me know. I will be happy to make more! If you would like to try this yourself, email me and I can go into more detail on how to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment