Monday, July 13, 2009

The Perfect Shirt for Mckenna!




This is the first shirt I have sewn for Mckenna in a very long time! I forgot how much fun it is! While this most certainly was not the hardest thing I have ever sewn (the yellow satin "Belle" dress for my friend Robin's daughter, Julia, ranks as the hardest so far), I did break my sewing machine in the process. It was fixed thanks to Schallert's here in town, and I was able to get back on track and complete it.

When it was finished, I felt it needed a little something, so I crocheted the red flower and added some green ribbon for leaves. I haven't crocheted with thread in a while and now I think I am going to have make at least a dozen of these in different colors! Fast, fun, and cute...my favorite! I also had a couple of "Yo Yo Makers" from Clover. The small size was perfect to create a barrette out of left over fabric for Mckenna. I now have a few more sizes of the yo yo makers and can add them to the "fast, fun, and cute" category! I am working on a yo yo bag right now and will post it when it is finished (which will be a while!).

Mckenna loves her top and wears it with some loose black palazzo pants (she refers to them as her Aunt Val pants). It fits her personality perfectly!

I purchased this pre-gathered fabric at Hobby Lobby. It would make a great skirt for teens! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment